Applications will be accepted until Wednesday JUNE 27, 2018 at Midnight.
If your application is accepted, we will follow up with you regarding further details. Due to space reasons and strict road closure time limits, not all applications will be accepted.
If you have questions about the parade or this application, please contact us at email@example.com or 707-996-2102.
This year’s theme is Sonoma Strong. On October 8th our community was severely impacted by wildfires that devastated lives, property, and the environment. The fires impacted the entire community in some way or another and the resulting response was unprecedented. The showing of strength and support within the community was evident from the moment the fires started, and the community’s strength never faltered. For over a half-century, residents in this town have come together in red, white and blue to celebrate our country and community. No other community event reflects this level of community like the Fourth of July celebration
All entries will be judged (except political & non-theme adhering) on their adherence to our theme, originality, enthusiasm and patriotism.
There will be one winner from each of these categories:
• Non-Profit Organization
• Families or Individuals
• Social Club
• Youth Club
A Best-in-Show Grand Prize will be awarded to the entry showing the best and most creative adherence to the theme with the most enthusiastic participants, patriotism and crowd appreciation.
Minimum Donation Fees:
• Non-Profit Organization- $100
• Families or Individuals- $75
• Social Club- $125 (5 cars maximum)
• Youth Club- $100
• Musical- $100
• Animals- $150 (10 horse Maximum)
• Commercial/Advertising- $350
• Political- $500
To participate in the parade, you must submit entry by Wednesday June 27, 2018.
- Parade Entry Form
- Parade Donation (Please make checks payable to SVFA and write your Entry ID in the memo line. Entry Id will be sent to you after submitting the form)
- Mail To: Sonoma Volunteer Firefighters Association
Attn: Parade Entry
630 Second Street West
Sonoma, CA 95476
- Mail To: Sonoma Volunteer Firefighters Association
On behalf of the SVFA and the whole community, thank you for helping to create the best old-fashioned parade around!
Parade Information, Guidelines & Prohibitions
The applicant shall be responsible for the conduct of all of its participants and agrees to notify ALL participants of these rules and regulations.
Entries having children under age 18 must provide parents or other adult chaperones to walk alongside and supervise.
Check-In / Entry Credentials
To participate in the parade you must obtain:
- An entry number.
- An announcer card.
The only way to secure the above credentials is to check in with the parade coordinator at the Sonoma Veterans Hall parking lot on 1st Street East by 8:30AM on July 4. The parade begins promptly at 10 a.m. Due to the size of the parade and traffic limitations, parade entries should arrive by 9 a.m. on July 4. Walking units should be in position, assembled and ready to go by 9:45 a.m. If entries are not in place by the time in which they are assigned in order, they may lose their spot in the parade. Changes may not be made to the parade unit without prior approval from the parade coordinator. No entry will be made once parade lineup departs Sonoma Veterans Hall lot. All entries may only do one loop on parade route, NO multiple loops.
The parade coordinator and only the parade coordinator is responsible for setting the lineup of the parade.
- Display your entry number on the right side of your float or entry so it is visible from the Judging Stand and by the parade announcers.
- Stay off the sidewalks and follow the parade route. Do not interfere with other parade participants. Follow the directions of the parade monitors.
- Children under the age of 18 must be supervised by an adult. Children under the age of 16 must not drive motorized vehicles. All participants on bikes must wear helmets due to liability insurance.
- Do not throw any items into the crowd, this includes candy, water balloons and spraying water from floats into crowds.
- Passing out items, hand-to-hand to parade spectators is acceptable.
- Do not litter or otherwise make a mess that someone else will have to clean up.
- Remember, this event is rated “G” an entry must be suitable for viewing by all ages.
- Have fun. It’s a parade!
The continuity and movement of the parade is considered of paramount importance for the enjoyment of the event. As such, parade organizers have elected to make the parade a FORWARD MOTION PARADE. Therefore, all entries must continue in a forward motion at all times. entries may only stop to perform one time in front of the announcer’s booth on 1st East and 1st West as well as in front of the main judges stand at City Hall.
These prohibitions are enforceable at any time by parade monitors and law enforcement if necessary…
- NO alcoholic beverages in staging area or on parade entry at any time before, during or after parade. Water bottles and soda are permitted.
- No smoking.
- Do not use banners, costumes or language that even come close to denigrating anyone or anything.
- Do not even come close to endangering yourself or other parade participants or any spectators.
- Obey all local, State & Federal laws.
Parade applications are no longer being accepted.